Widuri Capital Management is a registered Private Equity Management Company with the Securities Commission of Malaysia.
The firm was founded with the vision to create and execute public and private capital investment strategies to maximise returns for investors through value-added principles of investment. We aspire to be a dedicated and focused private equity firm, executing researched investment strategies.
We aim to be a boutique-sized firm with highly qualified team of dedicated professionals to handle our investment strategies as well as the disposition of the investment mandates in accordance with our in-house researched thesis.
In addition to capital provided to portfolio companies, we also enhance value in key areas in portfolio companies with our know-how. Through our professional networks, we further add value to our portfolio companies through strategic options such as collaboration, mergers or joint venture. We focus on several key sectors such as education, healthcare and consumer products. We also keep an eye on opportunistic deals where we have the expertise to capitalize and create value.
MUHAMMAD YAZID BIN MD DIAH
Yazid is a respected, highly regarded banker and astute investment manager with exceptional experience in the securities and financial industry. He was previously Treasurer of Kenanga Investment Bank, and held various notable concurrent positions in the bank as a Committee Member in the Management Executive Committee, Business Risk Committee, Group Credit Committee Member, Chairman of the Asset & Liability Committee, Group Tender Committee, and the Steering Member of the Information Technology Steering Committee. Yazid has a wealth of experience in Treasury products, structured financing, bonds and foreign exchange trading that spans over 15 years in the financial industry and has held treasury positions in ECM Libra Investment Bank and EON Bank Bhd.
SITI ZURINA SABARUDIN
Siti Zurina has broad experience in corporate commercial matters with emphasis on capital market, venture capital and private equity. Previously, Zurina was the Head of Capital Market, Banking and Private Equity Practice Group at Azmi & Associates and was a Partner in Zul Rafique & Partners. She has attended to various VC deals of MAVCAP’s, MTDC’s, Axiata Digital Innovation Fund, amongst others. Zurina is also the leading crowdfunding expert and has advised Crowdplus.asia, Eureeca and Ethis Kapital. As a recognition of her legal expertise, Siti Zurina was named as a leading individual for Capital Market – Asia Pacific Legal 500 in 2015.
We believe in getting the right team player to be part of our company to drive our objective in being a holistic private equity firm. At Widuri Capital, you will have the opportunity to lead and grow our portfolio companies alongside our experienced team of private equity investment professionals. Please send your resume to email@example.com.
We currently have vacancies for the following positions:
1. Deputy / Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for growing Widuri Capital in Malaysia by sourcing, developing, negotiating, and closing new private equity opportunities.
- Lead new business development and marketing efforts, including maintaining detailed pipeline of prospects and potential deals through the firm’s CRM system and external sources
- Establish and maintain industry business relationships to generate on-going deal flow
- Qualify potential private equity opportunities with the input of the Investment Committee
- Develop investment thesis, author investment memorandums
- Serve as a primary negotiator for approved transactions
- Lead due diligence, direct transaction execution team and coordinate transaction closing
- Work with external capital providers to gain support for investment financing
- Post-closing: interact with the management of portfolio companies, monitor performance and report internally on regular basis
- Hire, oversee and train investment team members as appropriate
- Report directly to the directors
- 8-10 years of origination, structuring and closing of private equity transactions
- Solid understanding of middle market private equity market dynamics
- Proven new business origination, negotiation and deal closing history as a principal and/or in an advisory role
- Relevant capital raising and sponsor relationships experience within middle market space
- MBA or MS in Finance preferred
2. Vice President
The Vice President will be responsible to support the Chief Executive Officer’s functions in day to day operations of managing the firm.
- Manage and develop key relationships with industry players and companies management
- Originate and execute transactions and managing the entire investment process
- Monitor post-transactions
- CFA charter holder is preferred
- Extensive experience in private equity and investment community
- Strong experience in corporate finance from a top tier investment bank / leading consulting firm
3. Junior / Senior Associate
Prepare investment reports with senior team members for presentation to the fund management team
- Conduct in-depth and critical analysis of companies and industries on their valuation, underlying business models, prospects, performances, accounting and financial practices
- Gather data, analyse, and present information to seniors for further feedback
- Assist seniors in post transaction monitoring and management
- CFA charter holder or MBA candidate is preferred
- Experience in highly quantitative style role either in fund management, finance or similar industry
- Possess at least a Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Statistics
Suite G-01 No 12, Omni Kota Damansara Lorong Teknologi C Taman Sains Selangor 47810 Petaling Jaya Selangor Malaysia
+603-6150 1808 / 0878 / 8178